To effect positive change in our community by creating opportunities in the outdoors for personal growth, leadership development and the building of relationships through exceptional camping experiences.
At YMCA Camp Shady Brook, we believe every participant should have the following opportunities:
- Participate actively in a community in which all are accepted
- Receive guidance and support in setting and achieving goals
- Increase self-awareness, self-confidence, self-reliance, and self-esteem
- Expand their sense of responsibility for the shared experiences of the community
- Develop healthy, supportive relationships with peers and mentors
- Explore and appreciate nature in a beautiful outdoor setting
- Explore and expand new and existing skill sets
We put these beliefs into practice every day!
Safety is our number one priority. In addition to our Health Care Manager, all staff are certified with CPR/First Aid and EMS response time is within 10 minutes. Camp Shady Brook is accredited by the American Camping Association http://www.campparents.org/funsafety.
Location and Directions
YMCA Camp Shady Brook is located 70 minutes northwest of Colorado Springs and 90 minutes southwest of Denver at 8716 South Y Camp Rd, Deckers CO 80135.